Orthopaedic focuses on injuries and diseases of your musculoskeletal system. This complex system includes your bones, joints, ligaments, tendons, muscles, and nerves and allows you to move, work, and be active.
The department offers a comprehensive service for elective orthopaedic surgery offering a range of simple and complex inpatient and daycare procedures including:
- Primary and revision of hip replacement
- Primary and revision knee replacement
- Arthroscopies (key-hole surgery for joints)
- Ligament reconstruction in the knee
- Tumour resection and restoration